A diva's work is never done!: Is that patchouli I smell?
Name:
Location: Cleveland, OH, United States

Thursday, December 07, 2006

Is that patchouli I smell?

The other day at work I noticed a woman that orders decaf lattes* smelled strongly of earth...and I remember her smelling that way each time I've seen her. After talking to Swifty, he informed me that the scent was patchouli, which is popular with hippies and the only scent that covers up the scent of weed. That, combined with her wide pupils and hazy voice and stance, tied everything together. Well, that clears up that.

Tonight, I got to watch a recital on Poulenc's "Le Travail Du Peintre" which I am thinking of singing. I really wish that I could do a lecture recital instead of the EEP. I have been in the education part of music, I am here for performance. Oh well.

In other news, tomorrow is my last day of classes. It has certainly been an interesting semester. Next week I have a test and some performances to look forward to. Next weekend I will be singing Friday night in my Schumann Song Cycle Class Recital and Sunday I will be performing with Rachael for the Vocal Chamber Ensemble's Class Recital. Lots to do. You should come! Or face my wrath:o).

*the drink has been changed for her protection:o)

1 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

patchouli |pəˈ ch oōlē|

noun 1 an aromatic oil obtained from a Southeast Asian shrub and used in perfumery, insecticides, and medicine. 2 the strongly scented shrub of the mint family from which this oil is obtained. • Pogostemon cablin, family Labiatae.

ORIGIN mid 19th cent.: from Tamil.

8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home