A diva's work is never done!: Work Ethic
Name:
Location: Cleveland, OH, United States

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Work Ethic

When I have to answer the question "What is your strongest attribution" and "What is the weakest" I use the same answer. I have a high work ethic. I believe that I should take responsibility for what is in my care and in a way this causes problems because I get upset with myself when I don't do my best. This describes two things that happened this evening.

First, I was placed last in the concert program again tonight must to my dismay. Once again, I had this gurgly-cracking thing that happened at one point during the piece. After two hours of sitting, how would your singing voice sound? I have asked every voice teacher I have had the same question on how do you deal with these situations. But I never get a straight answer. (If you have a suggestion, I would LOVE to hear it!!!!) Of course, I got pissed at myself since I did not do my best and I didn't want to let down my group.

Second, I have never thought people could have such low work ethic. People showed up to the masters class in jeans. It would be like showing up to a performance that way or going to an opera with jeans (which you shouldn't do, by the way, even for a matinee). Also, people just left after they performed. Maybe I shouldn't have shown up for another hour then so I could have been nice and warmed up. Then, the clarinet player (a father by the way) double booked himself and, at 5:50, told the teacher he had to go by 6. So when the teacher told him to stay anyway, one of the people he was suppose to meet showed up. And, in the middle of coaching (other people, fortunately) she opens the door to the room and tells him he has to go to their rehearsal. They take it outside and he eventually leaves. So, one girl doesn't perform and at the end of the class I see her crying. The person leading the class was fine, but by the time we got to perform she had been worked out it seems. Beside the fact that our pianist did not show up for Mondays rehearsal again. Erg. By the time I stepped up to sing I was PISSED. And the teacher went over the time. It was not a wonderful experience and it was the most boring master class I have ever seen. Even when I had to sit through hours of it at Capital. I can't wait for Thanksgiving!

The whole experience just pissed me off. How can people be so rude?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home