A diva's work is never done!: Sing us a song, you're the piano man!
Name:
Location: Cleveland, OH, United States

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Sing us a song, you're the piano man!

Okay, I can understand sickness and missing rehearsals. In fact, I was quite tempted to ditch today's chamber music rehearsal, but seeing as we haven't had that many...well, I decided to tough it out. As it happens, our pianist once again DID NOT SHOW UP!!!! At least the first two times she had the courtesy to make up excuses. Monday she didn't even email. Today she was not there either. The solutions? Rachael and I went around the school trying to find someone else to play for us. As it turned out, I remembered that Danny (a fabulous pianist) had said hello to me so I knew he was in the building. We cornered him in the library and using our feminine charm, we convinced him to play for our practice. Okay, maybe the promise of getting paid and that he is a nice guy was part of it too. When we started to sing, we noticed something different with this accompaniment. The notes were right! They had emotion and, gasp!, he followed us! All this while sight reading. Needless to say, we convinced him to join us full time to play for our ensemble.

In other news, there is a lovely white spot on the back of my throat that I discovered this morning:o(. I plan on keeping an eye on it in the hopes that it will not grow or reproduce. Hopefully I can get in to see a doctor tomorrow and nip this in the bud if necessary. As long as a pointy needle isn't involved...

Also, it would be very unKaren-like if I did not mention tonight's finale of Project Runway. I cannot believe that Jeffrey won! I really thought that Uli would, especially since Heidi said she would wear everything that came down the runway. It was a tough choice and I really enjoyed seeing all of the garments. They were all so unique and it made it such an interesting final showing. And now it is all over! I will have to do without my Project Runway fix for another year!! Sigh!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rachael said...

And he can sing too!!! Oh Karen - why didn't it work out???? :-X

7:41 PM  
Blogger bluesilk78 said...

project runway: so despite the fact that jeffrey was pretty much a jerk the whole show i did like his collection the best. i've been totally into stripes and prints lately b/c of the show!

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home