A diva's work is never done!: the elephants that live upstairs
Name:
Location: Cleveland, OH, United States

Sunday, October 08, 2006

the elephants that live upstairs

it happens almost every morning, noon and night. you know what it is. "thump, thump, thump". rachael and bree know what this is like. thinking that the people upstairs (the mysterious people to me) like to move around their furniture every day and stomp around in heavy, steel-toed army boots just for the fun of it! this morning was no exception as, even with my sound machine on, i heard the "thump thump thump" of the elephants that must live above me. now, i don't know what they look like, they could be skinny little runway models for all i know, but the noise they create is atrocious!!!

in other news, the yankees got beat by the tigers. yeah! my voice did this awful cracking thing in art song rep. that made "romance" by debussy (no, not that one, the other one he wrote that was published in the 1980s...true story) sound like "ouch!". but that was only the high "a" that i had to leap up to from an "f" (he was quite evil with this piece, that debussy...maybe that is why he never published it in his days....) my high "b" i was told by andrea was "lovely" and the ending "breathtaking" okay, i don't think those were the exact words used, but you get the idea. i was quite proud that i did not let it get to me when brian...er....mr. moll began to comment on the piece and asked me to fix a few things (some of which my vocal chords would not comply with). we had our first vocal department dinner...which consisted of five people, including myself. it was still very nice and i loved the food i got.

this weekend rachael and party (sorry, rach, i don't remember everyone who went:o) ) went apple picking while i was....wait for it....AT WORK! tonight i was also at work. it would be an incredible bummer if i didn't like my co-workers. as it is, i like them very much indeed. saturday i got to see brian's cool u.s.s. enterprise tattoo (and found another lover of the show and got to talk about my love of stargate sg-1) and j-rowe complained about woman. LOL! tonight tatiana and i talked about our respective beaus and the crazy things that can happen with family members.

tomorrow it is predicted that it shall be in the seventies again and then back into the fifties the following day. adjusting to this weird weather is not fun for my voice and i hope that it evens out soon even if it means...erg....snow. but i bought some cute sweaters at the gap (yes, there is a sale ladies) and i will be happy to show them off. let me see if i eat my words in the coming months.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home