A diva's work is never done!: In the Barn, Milking the Cow/OH....IO!
Name:
Location: Cleveland, OH, United States

Friday, November 03, 2006

In the Barn, Milking the Cow/OH....IO!

I can't imagine a better Friday. First, I got to watch Yumi, Rachael and Bree (with Lindsay, Staci and Brian playing) sing Schumann's Frauenliebe und Leben. It was BEAUTIFUL! And as Jane was coaching them, I could only think "Why isn't she teaching our vocal seminar class!?". She is one of the most open people I know and she is so helpful and...wonderful! After this, we had art song repetorie and, since it was Brian's birthday, we had a cake for him. But we waited until Kai-Ching went to play for Yumi to have her play Happy Birthday while Lindsay walked out with the cake. It took FOREVER as Brian kept asking Yumi questions about the composer, the poet and the song. When Kai-Ching started playing the Debussy piece we were all confused. Then she used a glissando to go into Happy Birthday as the cake came out. It was AWESOME! I got to sing Debussy's "Clair de lune" (second version) and it actually went pretty well. Danny was great on the piano and I was happy with it. People said they could hear me on the lower portions when I definitely thought I couldn't. Yea!!! But the best part of the class was Brian making the huge boobs motions with his hands as we were translating a passage about large breasted women. Ha!

So, some of us went to Cafe Paradisio for dinner and then Jennifer, Brian, Rachael and I met up to play Euchre (us silly Ohioians and our Ohio game). It was SOOOOOO much fun! In the end, Rachael and I were victorious with the third game, the tie breaker. Between which we had a lot of "You're mama" comments, some musical theater blabbing, and coffee. What a nice Friday!!!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

I'm jealous...fun times in Cambridge.

7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home