A diva's work is never done!: So, what happens next?
Name:
Location: Cleveland, OH, United States

Sunday, January 21, 2007

So, what happens next?

Perhaps this post is a little premature. Lately, in light of my lovely friend Ashley's search for a doctoral program, I have been reflecting on...what happens next? Though, who knows if I will ever pass the impossible test that Longy makes every Master's student take in order to earn their degree. I suppose it could be worse and I could have a lot more homework than learning and singing beautiful music each week and I would have to study for tests like this daily.

But I digress. In the wake of a new semester starting tomorrow, I have been thinking about the future. Should I teach? And if so, what grade level? Should I go to Hungary again? Should I start a Masters in music education? (Think of how marketable that would make me!) But then, how long would I be in school?! How much would it all cost me? What about Evan? Where would that leave us? For those who have known me for a while, my relationship with the boy has been complicated with him being in Hungary last year and me being in Boston this year. I know people that deal with long distance relationships well, but I am not one of those people. I am a cuddler and I love showing affection and I feel like a hermit crab constantly going into my shell.

So, here I am at the beginning of the Spring semester of my two-year long degree program. And I am filled with questions. Are you surprised? I thought not. I have goals but I never know how they will play out. Looking back, who would have thought I would be where I am today? Certainly not I. God truly takes my life and just goes "Hm...what if I make her do...um...this!" and WHOOSH off my life goes in a totally new direction. And, in reflection, I see His work by seeing who I am surrounded by. Aleta in Hungary, Adriane & Susan in C-bus, Rachael in Boston. Strong female friends that help me realize that life is unexpected, but that is the beauty of it.

I guess the long and the short of this blog is, thanks to all those who have pushed and loved me enough to help me to get where I am. And, please, help me figure out where I am going because, obviously, I have no idea.

1 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

If you knew where you were going, you'd already be there by now. I feel the same way. It's tough to put it into words.

8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home