A diva's work is never done!: A Little Night Music
Name:
Location: Cleveland, OH, United States

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

A Little Night Music

Okay, for those of you coming to opera scenes tomorrow night here is a little background/things to look for:

Handel aria-Jonathan is what is called "male soprano" and is singing to his grave...what?! Yes, that is why it is kinda creepy. Listen for his ordimentation (he adds stuff to the melody!) when he repeats the first part of the aria. P.S. little tears when he walks off stage looking all sad.

Count's Aria-Athan is graduating this year and his speaking voice isn't anything like his singing voice. The first time he did this scene when he put down the "champagne glass" (played by a water bottle), he dented it. It is from the same play as the next scene...

Figaro: I AM IN THIS! We had to memorize speaking the Italian before we put it to music. I didn't realize I had an aria until a month ago and I cram learned it. Not bad. In the scene Cheribino is in love with the Countess and Suzanna is laughing at it. Cheribino has gotten papers to be enlisted in the army and we decide, since he is in the Countess's bedchamber we should dress him as a girl. LOOK for-the Countess being curiously attracted to Cheribino, me "playing" the guitar very poorly, the picture on the dresser...whose picture is that?? Plus, Mr. Moll says I look perfect in my outfit, like Maria from "The Sound of Music"

Dialogues: They are nuns. They are eating lentils. It's Poulenc, it is strange. Not much else

Dearest Mama: This is not an easy aria and it is sooo pretty. LOOK for: the gloves, the hot shoes that Bree is wearing.

Fair Robin: I AM IN THIS! Andrea is in the Opera department. LISTEN for: all the sexual innuendo. LOOK for: the cute dress I got from Ann Taylor Loft. It is a size zero! I play the role of Maryann in this scene and then Dorine in the next scene from the same opera...

Tartuffe duet: I have the quickest change. This is the most fun scene to do. Maryann is being forced to marry by her father when she loves someone else. She reads too many romance novel...how did Mr. Moll know our obsession?! LOOK for: the novel that is called "Sin & Sensibility" (mine of course), the cute picture frame reappears, the fishnet stockings that peep out. HOT HOT HOT.

Don Pas.: Um...I first saw this today. Cute, hard. LOOK for: the brown pinstriped suit.

Hope this helps you enjoy this musical experience! See you tomorrow night. -karen

1 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

I wish I could be there! Have someone take lots of photos. Best of luck and break a leg.

5:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home