A diva's work is never done!: The Cool Kids at the Lunch Table
Name:
Location: Cleveland, OH, United States

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Cool Kids at the Lunch Table

Even though I am quite in my twenties, have taught high school seniors, and experienced the highs and lows of being a vocalist, there are still situations of weird peer pressure. Ever felt it? And what is strange is that it is when certain people get together they seem to bring out a weird vibe with each other. When they start to talk with each other and you try to join in the conversation, suddenly you are no longer a friend but you get the "why are you talking to US" look. And I become my 15 year old self, all awkward and worried about what people think about me. Thinking about conversations and how I dressed and acted and self-conscious. And when the moment passes, I realise how stupid it is. I grew out of this! I know that people don't care about what I do, they care about what they do. My goal is, the next time the situation comes up, to focus on my own growth and to let the moment pass. In high school I didn't have a glimmer of that image till my senior year where I had an awesome set of friends and it didn't matter that we weren't the "cool kids at the lunch table". We laughed and had fun together being ourselves. Letting go of inhibitions and being Karen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

Enjoying your words and thoughts...it won't and can't stop...

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home