A diva's work is never done!: Walking in a Slushy Wonderland!
Name:
Location: Cleveland, OH, United States

Thursday, February 15, 2007

Walking in a Slushy Wonderland!




So yesterday was Valentine's Day and I had the night off in preparation for seeing Evan that evening. However, God "blessed" Cleveland with lot of snow (pics courtesy of Evan) and he was unable to fly out since both Cleveland and Akron/Canton airports closed down. So, I ended up alone of Black Wednesday and I took my energy and re-arranged my entire room. Later, Rachael and Bree's night activities got cancelled since Cambridge turned into a "giant slushy", as Bree so accurately noticed. I mean, there was a small "pond" that I had to cross at one point to get to the market and "thank the gods" that I had my waterproof snow boots on. When I got to Bree & Rachael's we had a delicious dinner of Chicken au Champagne, brown rice with sautéed mushrooms, and then a dessert of floating islands....mmmm! We watched Bones and then I left before the slush froze over too much. It really wasn't such a bad evening and I even got a yummy gift from Rachael (thanks!).

Evan flies in today (hopefully) and I will make steak in wine sauce, mashed chive & sour cream potatoes, broccoli with hollandaise sauce and a flourless chocolate cake made with Burdick’s dark chocolate....mmmmmm!

I hope that your V-day was great and remember, next Tuesday is MARDI GRAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make sure to eat lots and have some booze, the good old New Orleans tradition. Me? You will find me saying goodbye to Evan (he flies out that day) eating po'boy sandwiches, red beans & rice, and perhaps some jambalaya or gumbo for dinner...oh, and don't forget the beignets from the mix my boss Swifty got for me when he went to New Orleans!!!

Cheers, y'all!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

Nice words...here I come...(with a big appetite)

12:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home