A diva's work is never done!: I need to get a life outside of the fictional
Name:
Location: Cleveland, OH, United States

Sunday, February 25, 2007

I need to get a life outside of the fictional

Okay, so Bree and Rachael could be the death of me...or at least of my masters degree! Since they have given me some fabulous books to read (most recently "Something Borrowed"), I have been up some nights till three a.m.! Not healthy. But I need to find out what is going to happen and I can't sleep until I know...just one more chapter turns into three chapters turns from 11 p.m. to 2 a.m. So today I find myself with about six hours of sleep and I woke up around 10. You do the math. And after doing no homework or practicing yesterday, my only day off this week, I have so much to do and no time to do it in! Regrets? Not many, I always somehow make things work. But this is the first time in years that I have spent so much time reading since my bookworm obsessed days before I hit puberty. I LOVED books, but I found it harder and harder to pleasure read when classes demanded that I read specific things. Anyone that grew up with hounding English teachers, in my case two years of AP English teachers, know what I am talking about.



In other news, I had a wonderful time with Evan in town and here is a pic of the (belated) V-day dinner. It was so nice to have him around and it seems like it was so long ago, though it was only a week. Meanwhile, I am trying to catch up on my class work. Sigh!

Also, I don't know if I will have a recital this spring or not. Things have gotten complicated and I don't know if I want to put in the effort to figure out what to do. I had a moment in my lesson where I told Jayne that I think I wouldn't do half the stuff that teachers tell me I will (i.e. "Oh, you're the perfect::insert role name::", "When you sing in ::insert oratorio:: at ::insert big location::") and she reminded me that wasn't her responsibility. Later I apologized for my behavior and I knew, and she reminded me, that she has lots of confidence in me and will help me all she can, but it ultimately up to me. Lessons with Jayne are so different than lessons with Lynn, or even Kati. But at this level, I have to be my own support system, which isn't easy for me. Two lessons this week. Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home