A diva's work is never done!: Last week of classes...not even near done
Name:
Location: Cleveland, OH, United States

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Last week of classes...not even near done

I know I haven't written in forever, but when life is floating along with not too much of interest to discuss, would you really want to read it??

So, this coming week is the last week of "classes" at Longy. My first "official" year of my masters is about to be complete. Meanwhile, I have two papers, five lessons, and three concerts to type up as well as ten songs to polish, three songs & two scenes to memorize, stage and polish all in either two days or ten days time. AGH! I am a bit...overwhelmed, but in good Karen spirit I will some how get it all done to my satisfaction...that is just the way I am.

I found out another college chum from C-bus is reproducing...geeze that makes how many of my friends engaged, married or having babies.... at least 75% of them and probably 50% are younger than I am. EGH! Not that I want babies or marriage quite yet, I still have much to do in the next year or so. Right now I have my lone family of one here in Boston to take care of. Maybe I need a cat?

Evan has an interview this coming week in Cincy, which is quite exciting, though I must confess I don't particularly like the area. But, feelings change and after all my only impression of the city has been of CCM, which is gorgeous inside, but surrounded by an utter ghetto...no joke.

I am also thinking of going back to C-bus this summer to start a masters in music education at Capital. Trying to make myself as marketable as possible & to keep all of my options open. Good idea? Bad idea? At least my parents have offered to let me use (and perhaps have if they buy another vehicle) a car. YES!

The weather here in Boston is BEAUTIFUL. My roommates & I have thrown open the windows and I am enjoying walking around without a coat. The Red Sox are thrashing the Yankees to my utmost pleasure and it has been a glorious weekend. I am just preparing for the weeks of AHH to come:o).

1 Comments:

Blogger Evan said...

Hard work can only show commitment and dedication. It will only make you more marketable. On top of that, it will make you happy by keeping you busy. Go for it!

1:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home